Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Secret to Pain-Free Workouts



…Is Music!!!!  “Like we didn’t know that before?” I hear you say. Yeah I knew that too but I never did it. I would rely on my PT to supply the music or if I was in the gym alone I would either rely on my own thoughts to keep me motivated or watch TV. Let’s face it neither my thoughts nor anything on TV was ever strong enough to overcome the drudgery of the treadmill. But with the situation getting critical, hips creeping up to 42 inches, arms getting set to fly, overcome it I must. I already knew that music was the key to motivation, so why didn’t I just plug my earphones into my iPhone and bring it along or my iPod? After all the girls had bought me one two Christmases ago, so I could have easily have used that surely? But I never did.
 Do you know why? I can't face having to carry another handheld. I don’t know about you but I simply hate having to carry things when I’m going for exercises; I find it difficult enough carrying myself there and then again you have the problem of where to place it while you’re actually exercising.  Another pet hate is having to strap something to my waist. I mean why draw attention to the one area you’re trying to draw attention away from?

It dawned on me that if I wanted to be able to move around with my music, then I really ought to get an iPod shuffle. So I did. Believe me it’s the perfect solution. So tiny I simply clip it on my bra strap and I’m good to go. Small, simple and straight forward, just load up your songs from your computer in the right motivational order and press play.

The Secret – Get on the treadmill, input your level, press START close your eyes and press PLAY on your shuffle. Use this time to just relax. Think about where you were when you first heard each song, what they mean to you, do you know the words? You may be surprised to find out that what you thought they meant before is not actually the meaning…  Do not open your eyes (not even to peep at how much time is left) until the end of your playlist. 20 songs are about an hours’ worth of exercise. Before you know it, its over and the pain is gone! When you get bored of that playlist refresh your list from the iTunes store
My iPod Shuffle
Yeah Exercise suck but it sucks much less with an iPod shuffle

Kick start your workout with an iPod shuffle. It’s light weight, user friendly and very bag friendly. Not in your budget right now? Not to worry log into www.u-wantit.com where everything is within reach and in budget.

P.s I shall publish my playlist if you promise not to laugh! I’d love to see yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment