Friday, February 3, 2012

"The End"

 
That was Seal’s tweet the day he revealed the break-up of his marriage with Heidi Klum., the same day I brushed past him on my way to the loo in the B.A Concorde Lounge at Heathrow Airport. Actually I didn’t even see him at first; it was his luggage I was staring at. A very nice collection of Louis Vuitton Graphite Damier pieces ; a hold-all and some kind of  large shoulder bag or carrier; piled on the floor like a set installation for a Vogue Magazine shoot . My eyes strayed momentarily from the luggage and rested on a black pair of high top combat boots peeking out from under a pair of dark, loose fit rolled denims. Dangling from the back of the jeans, beneath a grey pea coat were some braces, obviously a sartorial statement.  Who is this person??? I wondered, only to look up and discover it was Seal, standing legs apart, combat ready, looking impossibly fit.  Woah!  I exclaimed (silently in my mind), you have to remember that this is The British Airways First Class Lounge at Heathrow. It’s not a place where you start unsolicited random conversation, ask for autographs or snap pictures posing huddled together, with your camera phone. It's a quiet oasis with everybody studiously ignoring everybody else in their own silent world. Everything happened in slow mo silence. My eyes swept over the luggage scanned over him and my head reeled back imperceptibly upon recognition as I brushed past and continued walking. I wanted to turn round to take a second look but I didn’t.(We all know the first rule of celebrity spotting don’t we? NEVER LOOK BACK!). Everything took place in less than 60 seconds. By the time I had emerged from the loo he had gone… with his beautiful luggage.

No comments:

Post a Comment